EcommerceTech – Content Standards and Community Guidelines
Effective: January 4, 2022
These Content Standards and Community Guidelines (these “Standards and Guidelines”) set forth the standards and guidelines required by EcommerceTech, Inc. (“EcommerceTech”, “we”, “our” or “us”) that apply to (a) all Users of the EcommerceTech Service (as each term is defined in our Terms of Service), (b) all Participants of any Events (as each term is defined in the Event Terms), and (c) any and all messages, photos, video, audio, images, data, information, text, communications, materials, presentations, documentation, and/or content (collectively, “Content”) posted, uploaded and/or submitted by through and/or in connection with the access and/or use of the EcommerceTech Service and/or participation in the Events. When we use the term “Services” throughout these Standards and Guidelines, we mean, collectively, the EcommerceTech Service, Events, and any related services we provide in connection with the foregoing.
These Standards and Guidelines are a part of and incorporated into the Terms of Service, the Event Terms, and/or any other terms and conditions entered into by you and EcommerceTech with respect to the applicable Services (individually and collectively, the “Terms”). Capitalized terms used herein but not defined will have the meanings given in the applicable Terms.
1. Content Standards: Content must in its entirety comply with the applicable Terms, including, without limitation these Standards and Guidelines, and all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, Content must not contain anything that is or could appear to:
· Be threatening, abusive, bullying, harmful, stalking another user, harassing, or hateful;
· Be offensive, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
· Be untrue, misleading, libelous, defamatory, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data;
· Be or promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
· Be plagiarized, or infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
· Be likely to deceive any person;
· Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
· Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
· Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
· Be anything that you do not have the legal right to transfer;
· Be anything that you are legally bound not to disclose under contractual or fiduciary relationships including, but not limited to, inside information or proprietary and confidential business information;
· Be unsolicited, undisclosed, or unauthorized advertising;
· Be software viruses or any other malicious computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunication equipment;
· Be data or information obtained by the unauthorized access of another’s computer or account with which such a posting or submission would constitute unauthorized use; and
· Be any other post or submission that violates applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation or statute (including export laws).
2. Community Guidelines for User Interactions. When you interact with others in connection with the Services, be respectful and follow EcommerceTech’s policies. We expect attendees, participants, and speakers to be professional, courteous, and respect, and conduct themselves accordingly. Treat others as you would want to be treated and be polite. Freedom of speech and having an opinion does not mean you can be abusive, hateful, or disruptive. The following set forth general (but by no means exhaustive) guidelines to follow when interacting with others:
· Disruptive or Dangerous Behavior
Ø Do not engage in behavior or activities that are or could be disruptive to other attendees, participants, and/or speakers.
Ø Do not engage in behavior or activities that would endanger any other person, including, without limitation, activity that could result in injury, death, or damage to persons or property.
· Bullying and harassment:
Ø Do not participate in hate speech or be hateful to others based on their race, ethnicity, religion, profession, appearance, medical condition, sexual orientation or preference or any other discriminatory behavior.
Ø Do not target individuals to degrade, harass, bully, threaten, stalk or shame them.
Ø Do not post personal information about others unless you have explicit consent from the person.
Ø Do not be disruptive, vulgar, abusive, or sexually explicit in your posts, messages, or chats.
· Sexual or adult-oriented behavior:
Ø Do not use sexually explicit, vulgar, or obscene language.
Ø Do not engage in sexual solicitation.
Ø Do not engage in adult-themed or sexually oriented activities.
· Spam, scam, fraud:
Ø Do not impersonate any person or entity (including, without limitation, EcommerceTech or any EcommerceTech staff), use a fictitious name, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity (including, without limitation, EcommerceTech or any EcommerceTech staff).
Ø Do not ask for another user's password or account information.
Ø Do not share, give away, trade, or sell your account information for the EcommerceTech Service and/or tickets to access the Event.
Ø Do not post links to fraudulent websites or phishing sites.
Ø Do not harvest or collect names, user names, phone numbers, addresses, or, email addresses or otherwise collect or attempt to collect any other personal information of any other attendees, unless you have the express prior written consent from each individual attendee whose information you collect in each specific instance.
Ø Do not post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', ‘multi-level marketing schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
3. Consequences of Violation. EcommerceTech takes violations of these Standards and Guidelines very seriously. If you post, submit or otherwise provide Content, or engage in behavior, in any manner in violation of these Standards and Guidelines, or in a way that EcommerceTech deems to be unacceptable (in its sole discretion), such use may result in immediate suspension and/or termination of your access to the Services and the possibility that EcommerceTech will pursue civil remedies. In addition, without limiting any other rights or remedies of EcommerceTech under these Standards and/or Guidelines or the applicable Terms, EcommerceTech retains the authority to remove any Content that it deems in violation of these Standards and Guidelines, or otherwise unacceptable, at EcommerceTech’s sole discretion. Our right to suspend or terminate your access of and/or participation in any Services, and/or remove your Content, applies even if a violation is committed unintentionally or without your authorization.
4. Reporting. If you become aware of any violation of these Standards and Guidelines, please immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of these Standards and Guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these Standards and Guidelines, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.