Derric Haynie (me) speaking at Conversations Conference 2019
All the Best Upcoming Ecommerce Events for 2020
I've been studying and collecting a list of all of the Ecommerce events in the industry for quite some time...
Whether it's for attending, speaking, or sponsoring, these events can help you grow your Ecommerce store, drive new leads for your Ecommerce tech company or agency, or help you grow your personal brand.
I'm not going to rank any of these events, but I will note the ones I've heard of and any thoughts on size, type of audience it is for, etc.
Have an event that you'd like to add to the list? Contact us.
The 4 Different Types of Ecommerce Events
Not all events are created equal...
Some are meant to motivate, some to educate you, and others might be designed pretty much to just sell you something...
Here are some things to know about Ecommerce events:
1. "Sponsored" Events. Typically, if it's hosted by a software vendor (Klaviyo, ManyChat, Zendesk) it will keep the theme of "buy our software" throughout the event. This isn't necessarily bad, and doesn't mean their events aren't good events... But it is what it is, a tech company putting on an event to gain/maintain thought leadership and drive acquisition and retention. Very rarely have I seen companies be able to overcome this... Inbound comes to mind as an example where it wasn't overpowered by the host company, Hubspot.
2. Entrepreneur events. If the event is hosted by some sort of famous entrepreneur then it will likely end in an upsell to a mastermind course, private community, or some other high-pressure sales pitch. Again, this isn't necessarily bad, it just is what it is.
3. Industry-leading events. These are the best of the best events, typically ran by larger events companies that have been doing it for years. Their goal is to provide value (and of course make good money through sponsorships and attendance), and keep the audience engaged and coming back. I find these events to typically be the most valauble for CXO's and Ecommerce leadership.
4. Niche events. Examples would be a Customer Experience Summit or Facebook Advertising event. These events are highly tactical and can be very educational for the right team member or manager. They are typically smaller in size, but bring in the best talent on their niche topics.
One other thing worth mentioning is that you could consider a grading scale for events:
A-list events are those that are large, established, and have big budgets and at least a dozen noticeable speakers, sometimes with big name keynotes like Michelle Obama.
B-list events are typically medium-sized and may bring in 1-2 notable speakers as well as lesser known speakers and experts.
C-list events are small in size and low in budget. Typically they have no big names, but a few lightweight speakers and influencers.
Whether A, B, or C, you can get good value out of any size and type of event...
Except for the D's and F's, which I would say are posers to quality events.
These would be ultra-low quality events, where the speakers are really giving mediocre or outdated information, and the organizers are pitching, selling your information to 100 vendors, etc.
We will never list D's and F's on our site.
We will do our best to update this weekly, and keep the events in chronological order.
Did You Know?
We host Ecommerce events too...
EcommerceTech hosts 6 completely free virtual summits for mid-market and enterprise Ecommerce teams and executives every year.
We get raving feedback from Ecommerce teams who use these events to stay on top of industry trends and discover the latest tools and tech that could grow their store.
Don't miss the next one.
All Ecommerce Events in the United States and Canada
- NRF 2020 - Retails Big Show - New York City, NY - Jan 12 - 14, 2020
- Retail CEO Forum - Palm Beach, FL - Jan 19 - 21
- Affiliate Summit West - Paris Las Vegas Hotel, NV - Jan 27 - 29, 2020
- Retail Summits West Coast Ecommerce - Westin Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA - January 28 - 29, 2020
- Outdoor Retailer - Denver, CO - Jan 29 - 31, 2020
- NY Now Retail Renaissance - New York, NY - Feb 1 - 5, 2020
- Ecommerce Fuel Live 2020 - San Antonio, TX, Feb 2-5, 2020
- Ecommerce Day LA - Los Angeles, CA - Feb 4, 2020
- Ecommerce and Digital Strategies Conference - Coral Gables, FL - Feb 5 - 6, 2020
- Magic Mens Fashion - Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV - Feb 5 - 7, 2020
- Global Ecommerce Leaders Forum (GELF) LA - Los Angeles, CA - Feb 13, 2020
- Link, The Retail Supply Chain Conference - Dallas, TX - Feb 23 - 26, 2020
- Etail West - JW Marriott, Palm Springs, CA - Feb 24 - 27, 2020
- White Label World Expo - Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV - Feb 26 - 27, 2020
- Social Media Marketing World - San Diego, CA- Mar 1 - 3, 2020
- The Delivery Conference 2020 - New York, New York - Mar 3, 2020
- Pack Expo East - Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA - Mar 3 - 5, 2020
- DX3 - Toronto, Canada - Mar 10 - 11, 2020
- MRC Vegas - Aria Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV - Mar 16 - 19, 2020
- MivaCon 2020 - Rancho Bernardo Inn, San Diego, CA - Mar 18 - 20, 2020
- ShopTalk 2020 - Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV - Mar 22-25, 2020
- ASD Market Week - Las Vegas, NV - Mar 22 - 25, 2020
- Prosper Show - Las Vegas - March 23 - 25, 2020
- Adobe Summit (formerly Magento Imagine) - Las Vegas, NV - Mar 29 - Apr 2
- Traffic and Conversion Summit - San Diego, CA - Mar 31 - April 2nd, 2020
- ConversionXL Live 2020 - Austin, TX - Apr 5 - 7, 2020
- Retail Summits iNStore North - Minneapolis, MN - April 9, 2020
- Ecommerce Operations Summit - Marriot Orland World Center, Orlando, FL - Apr 14 - 16, 2020
- B2B Online - Chicago Marriot Downtown, Chicago, IL - Apr 20 - 22, 2020
- SuiteWorld by Netsuite - Las Vegas, NV - Apr 20 - 23, 2020
- D3 Retail Supply Chain USA 2020 - Marriot, Brooklyn Bridge, NY - Apr 22 - 23, 2020
- Retail Summits Southeast Ecommerce - Renaissance Nashville Hotel, Nashville, TN - April 29-30, 2020
- Retail Asset Protection Conference - Dallas, TX - May 3 - 6, 2020
- Etail Canada - Hyatt Regency Toronto, ON - May 4 - 6, 2020
- Sellers Summit 2020 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - May 5-8, 2020
- Click Summit - Raleigh, NC - May 5 - 7, 2020
- DTC Day - New York, NY - May 14, 2020
- CNP Summit Fraud and Risk Protection - Marriott Marquis, San Francisco, CA - May 21, 2020
- SubSummit - Dallas, TX - May 27-29, 2020
- CRMC - Chicago, IL - June 3 - 5, 2020
- IRCE @ Retail X - Chicago, IL - Jun 9 - 11, 2020
- 3PL & Supply Chain Summit: Chicago - Marriott Marquis, Chicago, IL - Jun 16 - 18, 2020
- Digital Startup - MaRS Building, Toronto, Canada - Jun 17 - 19, 2020
- Mobile Connect - Rancho Bernardo Inn - San Diego, CA - Jun 22 - 24, 2020
- Retail Summits New England Ecommerce - Boston, MA - Jun 23 - 24, 2020
- NRF NXT - Southern California - Jul 14 - 16, 2020
- Midwest Ecom Conference - Minneapolis, MN - Jul 17 - 18
- Food and Beverage Conference - Hilton Austin, TX - Jul 20 - 22, 2020
- Affiliate Summit East - New York Marriott Marquis - July 26 - 28, 2020
- CommerceNext - New York, NY - Jul 28 - 29, 2020
- Independent Retailer Conference - USA - Jul 28 - 31, 2020
- Grow Commerce - Queens, New York - Jul 30, 2020
- Retail Delivery Connect: Supply Chain - JW Marriott Marquis, Miami, FL - Aug 10 - 12, 2020
- Etail East - The Sheraton, Boston, MA - Aug 10 - 13, 2020
- ChannelAdvisor Connect 2020 - New Orleans, LA - Sep 9 - 11, 2020
- Connected Commerce 2020 - New York, NY - Sep 10, 2020
- Grocery Shop - Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, NV - Sep 14 - 17, 2020
- Klaviyo:BOS - Boston, MA - Fall 2020
- Parcel Forum 20 - Nashville, TN - Sep 28 - 30, 2020
- Retail Global North America - September 2020
- North American Etail Operations Summit - Dallas, TX - Oct 5 - 6, 2020
- EcommBash - Austin, TX - Oct 6 - 8, 2020
- Consumer Returns - Hilton, Austin, TX - Oct 26 - 28, 2020
- Epack US Summit - Fall 2020
- Hawkfest - 2020
- Shopify Unite 2020
- Worldz 2020
- Re:wise 2020
- Destination D2C, Yotpo - New York, New York - Fall 2020
- NY Know Go - New York, New York - Oct 2020
- Direct Brand Summit
- ChargeX Summit 2020
- BGS Live, Build Grow Scale 2020
- DCKAP 2020
- Commerce+ 2020, Hosted by Shopify
All Ecommerce Events in Europe
- Future of Retail and Ecommerce - House of Mutuality, Paris, France - Jan 30, 2020
- WEBWINKEL VAKDAGEN: Leading in Digital Commerce - Jaarbeurs, Netherlands - Jan 29 - 30, 2020
- The Delivery Conference - London, England - Feb 4, 2020
- Omnichannel Futures Conference, The Retail Bulletin - London, England - Feb 5, 2020
- Loca: Location Now: Retail as a Service Conference - Wiesbaden, Germany - Feb 6 - 7, 2020
- Etailing Summit - London, England - Feb 11, 2020
- Ecommerce Berlin - Station Berlin, Germany - Feb 13, 2020
- The Heart of UK Fashion - Birmingham, England - Feb 23 - 25, 2020
- Etail Connect - Twickenham Stadium, Twickenham, England - Feb 25 - 26, 2020
- Retail Without Borders - London, England - Feb 27 - 28, 2020
- Savant Ecommerce Amsterdam - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Mar 10 - 11, 2020
- Internet World Expo - Munich, Germany - Mar 10 - 11, 2020
- Emerce Retail - Inn Style, Maarssen, Netherlands - Mar 12, 2020
- European Sellers Conference - Prague, Czechia - Mar 12 - 13, 2020
- One to One Retail Ecommerce - Monaco - Mar 17 - 19
- UK Ecommerce Conference and Awards 2020 - London, England - Mar 25, 2020
- Live, Retail Week - London, England - Mar 25 - 26, 2020
- The E-Show Barcelona - Barcelona, Spain - Mar 31 - Apr 1, 2020
- IntraLogistix - Coventry, England - Mar 31 - Apr 1, 2020
- Internet Retailing Expo - NEC, Birmingham - April 1-2, 2020
- Meet Magento - The Hague, Netherlands - Apr 16, 2020
- Ecom360 - Riga, Latvia - Apr 17, 2020
- Retail Expo - Olympia, London, England - Apr 29 - 30, 2020
- Digital Festival 2020 (Fashion) - London, England - Apr 30, 2020
- Online Conversion Summit 2020 - London, England - Apr 30, 2020
- Digital Commerce Awards - Zurich, Switzerland - May 6, 2020
- White Label Expo Europe - Frankfurt, Germany - May 6 - 7, 2020
- Savant Ecommerce Supply Chain Congress - May 13 - 14, 2020
- Ecommerce Day, real.de - Cologne, Germany - May 15, 2020
- Future Stores - The Tower Hotel, London, England - May 19 - 20, 2020
- K5 Future Retail Conference 2020 - Berlin, Germany - May 26 - 27, 2020
- Ecommerce Live - Beurs Van Berlage, Amsterdam, Netherlands - May 27, 2020
- Ecommerce Summit - Pullman Hotel, Barcelona, Spain - May 25 - 26, 2020
- Retail Connect CIO - Sopwell House, St Albans, England - Jun 2 - 3, 2020
- The Future of Retail Marketing for Customer Engagement - London, England - Jun 9, 2020
- World Mail & Express Europe Conference - Tallinn, Estonia - Jun 16 - 18, 2020
- ICEEG - International Conference on Ecommerce, Ebusiness, and Egovernment - Paris, France - June 17 - 19, 2020
- Meet Magento DE 2020 - Berlin, Germany - Jun 29 - 30, 2020
- Etailing Summit - London, England - Jul 7, 2020
- Merchant Day - Hannover, Germany - Aug 5, 2020
- Paris Retail Week - Paris Expo Porte De Versailes, Paris, France - Sep 15 - 17, 2020
- Ecommerce Expo IMRG - London, England - Sep 30 - Oct 1, 2020
- Retail HR Summit - London, England - Oct 1, 2020
- Manhattan Exchange 2020 - Berlin, Germany - Oct 5 - 7, 2020
- Pay Expo - London, England - Oct 6 - 7, 2020
- IRC Internet Retailing Conference - London, England - Oct 8, 2020
- AI in Retail Conference 2020 - London, England - Oct 14, 2020
- B2B Online - Barcelon, Spain - Nov 6 - 7, 2020
- Linn Academy 2020 - Birmingham, England
- Going Global 2020
All Ecommerce Events in Asia / Australia
- Ecommerce Expo Japan - Koto, Japan - Jan 28 - 29, 2020
- Ecommerce Fair Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo, Japan - Jan 28 - 29, 2020
- Meet Magento India - Mumbia, India - Jan 29 - Feb 2, 2020
- Seamless Ecommerce - Dubai, UAE - Mar 25 - 26, 2020
- Alibaba Ecosystem Expo - MCEC Melbourne, Australia - Mar 27 - 28, 2020
- Retail Global, Gold Coast - Gold Coast, Australia - May 27 - 29, 2020
- Online Retailer - Sydney, Australia - July 22 - 23, 2020
- White Label Expo Asia - Sept 2020
- NopCommerce 2020